Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Easy Veggie Fajitas and Rice

Quick and Easy veggie Fajitas and Rice

Serves 4
Fajitas:
2 Red Peppers Sliced
1 Onion Sliced
1 Pkg Mushrooms sliced 
1 Bunch asparagus chopped
2 Tbs minced Garlic
4 Tbs Coco oil
8 Tortilla shells

Saute all veggies in coco oil until slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper. Warm up tortilla shells. For a little extra protein add refried beans or black beans. You can ever use a vegan nacho cheese, which I was slacking and didn't make today.

Rice:
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 3/4 Cup Veg Broth or Water
1/2 Cup Canned Crushed Tomatoes
1 Small Onion Chopped
1 Can Corn
1 Tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Cayenne
2 Tbs Minced Garlic
2 Tbs Coco Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Bring broth to boil. Stir in rice, cover tightly and cook for 45 min. Saute garlic and onion in coco oil in a separate pan. When rice is finished stir in all ingredients. Simmer for a few minutes to warm everything. With the rice I would have added cilantro and jalapeno, but I used what I had. It was still tasty. This was a simple and satisfying meal. 

When making recipes I try to use whatever ingredients I have in the house. Please feel free to be inspired by my creations, and then make your own. I think spinach or kale would have been great sauteed for the fajitas too.


No comments:

Post a Comment