Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spaghetti Squash with Sunflower Seed Alfredo

Creamy Caper Sunflower Seed Sauce Over Spaghetti Squash


I haven't had an Alfredo sauce since I went vegan over one year ago. Today I decided it was time. Since I was experimenting with sunflower seeds, and discovered how amazingly creamy they become, I knew I could create a palate pleaser. Spaghetti Squash is a great alternative for pasta, leaves me feeling lighter than if I had eating a heavy grain or rice. This dish was an all around winner, and will make a comeback soon.


1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
1 Cup Chopped Asparagus
1 Clove Garlic Minced
3 Tbs Olive Oil
  1. Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Steam for 20 minutes until flesh pulls apart with fork.
  2. Lightly saute tomatoes and asparagus in olive oil and garlic.



Caper Alfredo Sauce

1 Cup Soaked Raw Sunflower Seeds (Soaked 6 hours and drained)
1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic Minced
1 Tbs Capers
1 Tbs Italian Seasoning

  1. Blend all ingredients until smooth. 
  2. Toss with Spaghetti Squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment